Have you had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other people in Kansas. Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO all claim big savings, bombarding you with ads and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best quotes last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the best way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying car insurance in Hugoton is easy if you know what you’re doing. Kansas drivers only need an understanding of how to shop their coverage around on the web.
Find discounts to get cheap Hugoton car insurance quotes
Some providers don’t always advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get reduced rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their company to track driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple cars with one company could earn a price break for each car.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for distant student, alternative fuel, youthful driver, switch companies, pay in full, good student, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, military active duty, good student, and driver training.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including early bird, air bags, accident-free, bundled insurance, and good student.
- Nationwide offers discounts for business or organization, accident-free, multi-policy, anti-theft, and family plan.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons is to take advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information including your general credit rating, if you went to college, the type of vehicles you drive, and what you do for a living. Your insurance information is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Learn how to lower your car insurance premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are used when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are some of the things that factor into your rate level.
- Better prices on safer cars – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your vehicle is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Age of drivers – Teen drivers in Kansas are statistically proven to be inattentive when driving with friends so they pay higher car insurance rates. Parents adding a youthful driver to your car insurance policy can be very expensive. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Extra policy coverages that may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying car insurance. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Big cities mean more claims – Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when talking about car insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents. People in densly populated areas have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
We covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding . Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a small local company. Regional companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Low-cost car insurance can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Read more about Kansas car insurance
More detailed Kansas car insurance information can be read at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, download brochures, and get help finding coverage.