No one likes buying auto insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high. Popular companies such as Allstate and Progressive persitently shower you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the corporate glitz and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can learn to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Finding the best rates in Mulvane is not that difficult. Kansas drivers only need an understanding of how to compare price quotes over the internet.
Don’t overlook these auto insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- E-sign Discounts
- Save over 55 – Seniors could receive a slight reduction on a .
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get .
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you with select insurance companies.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, multiple autos, accident-free, student away at school, good driver, and good student.
- American Family offers premium reductions for early bird, Steer into Savings, good student, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and air bags.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, driver training, emergency military deployment, military active duty, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include good driver, location of vehicle, multi-car, good student, multi-policy, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for homeowner, good student, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and youthful driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and online signing.
It’s a good idea to ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your state. To see insurers with discount rates in Mulvane, click this link.
Comparing auto insurance rates can be challenging if you don’t know the easiest way. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to local insurance agents in Mulvane, or you can stay home and use the web to quickly compare rates.
Most of the larger companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers submit one quote, and each company can provide price quotes based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. To access this free quoting program, click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to doing it this way is that consumers can’t choose which carriers to get quotes from. If you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to compare rates, we put together a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Kansas. Click here for list of insurance companies in Kansas.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using the exact same coverage limits for each quote you get. If you are comparing different coverage information you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate in Mulvane.
When to get professional advice
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
One last thing
The cheapest auto insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.