Searching for the lowest cost New Castle car insurance on the web may seem to be challenging for shopping for insurance on the internet. Since there are so many companies in the marketplace, how are drivers expected to be able to compare all the different companies and get the lowest price?
It’s a good habit to do price comparisons at least once a year since prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates six months ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Discounts can really help to save
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Waiver for an Accident – but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to scrutinize driving habits by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To choose insurers with discount rates in Indiana, click here.
Most major insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Comparing prices online is fairly straightforward as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. Once entered, the system obtains credit information and your driving record and generates a price.
Online price estimates makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms gets old quite quickly. But it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get a lower rate.
Keep reading for an easier way to compare prices
A less time-consuming method to find better car insurance pricing makes use of a single form to get prices from a lot of companies. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes quoting online much more efficient. After sending the form, it gets priced and you are able to buy any one of the price quotes you receive. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process only takes a few minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To quickly compare pricing, simply click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
Seven tips to get lower New Castle car insurance rates
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The items below are a few of the things companies use to determine your premiums.
- More traffic means higher claims – Having an address in less populated areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Bad drivers pay high prices – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten flagrant citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Stay claim-free and lower prices – Insurance companies in Indiana give the lowest premiums to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The make and model of the car or truck you are insuring makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most larger car insurance companies will award better rates to clients that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save more without the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Youthful drivers cost more – Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims , and are generally more financially stable.Teenage drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability insurance is critical – Liability insurance will afford coverage if you are determined to be liable for an accident. It provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this short form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in New Castle that can provide for your coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Indiana?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents are categorized either independent agents or captive agents depending on their employer. Both types can write car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be captive can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Captives cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Captive agencies are usually well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are New Castle captive agents that can give you price quote information.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 151a Wittenbreaker Ave – New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 529-1000
- State Farm Insurance – 3130 S 14th St – New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 529-7010
- Shelter Insurance – 1817 S Memorial Dr – New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 529-0185
- American Family Insurance – 520 S Main St – New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 529-4441
- Allstate Insurance – 1824 Bundy Ave – New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 529-0707
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you need to compare quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in New Castle that can give you price quotes.
- Lewis Insurance – 311 Parkview Dr – New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 521-6070
- Firemark Insurance – 703 Broad St – New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 529-0336
- Ameriana Insurance Agency Inc – 1908 Bundy Ave – New Castle, IN 47362 – (765) 529-5049
For more New Castle insurance agents, see this full listing of insurance agents in New Castle, IN.
Be persistent and save
You just learned a lot of techniques to compare car insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a small local company.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, delays in paying claims and not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
More Indiana car insurance information
More detailed Indiana car insurance information can be found at the Indiana Department of Insurance website. Indiana consumers can view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find disaster information.
The following articles may also be useful.