Finding low-cost Coon Rapids auto insurance over the internet can be somewhat difficult for consumers not familiar with shopping for insurance online. When there are so many insurance companies available, how can you effectively compare every one to find the best pricing?
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Pricing more affordable coverage in Coon Rapids is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nevertheless, Minnesota vehicle owners should learn how big insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Finding Auto Insurance in Coon Rapids, MN
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be a daunting task if you don’t understand the easiest way. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to insurance agencies in Coon Rapids, or you can utilize online quotes to get pricing more quickly.
Most major companies belong to an insurance system where prospective buyers send in one quote, and every company provides a quote based on that information. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests for every auto insurance company.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to using this type of system is that you can’t choose the providers you will receive quotes from. If you wish to select from a list of companies to compare rates, we put together a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Minnesota. Click here for list of insurance companies in Minnesota.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to compare apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If you are comparing different liability limits it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best in Coon Rapids. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. And when price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to bad drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
You have some control over your rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Jobs such as lawyers, architects and stock brokers have the highest rates because of high stress levels and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, students and retirees get better rates.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower ratings. So if your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – Driving more miles in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with severe tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
Compare online but buy from a local Coon Rapids agent
A small number of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local businesses is especially important in Coon Rapids.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Coon Rapids who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier! You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Two types of insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Coon Rapids can either be independent or captive.
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, you should always include price quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
The following are Coon Rapids independent insurance agents who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- American Interstate Insurance – 13137 Crooked Lake Blvd NW – Coon Rapids, MN 55448 – (763) 862-7791
- Ron Runck Insurance Inc – 1425 Coon Rapids Blvd NW – Coon Rapids, MN 55433 – (763) 755-1420
- Mike Thompson Agency – 10600 University Ave NW – Coon Rapids, MN 55448 – (763) 754-1100
- B M Isom Agency Inc – 1820 Coon Rapids Blvd NW – Coon Rapids, MN 55433 – (763) 754-8484
- Albrecht Agency – 1836 Northdale Blvd NW # A – Coon Rapids, MN 55448 – (763) 757-6385
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from captives mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of captive agencies in Coon Rapids willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 11425 Hanson Blvd NW – Coon Rapids, MN 55433 – (763) 755-7350
- Farmers Insurance Group – 3200 Main St NW # 370 – Coon Rapids, MN 55448 – (763) 427-7587
- American Family Insurance – 10600 University Ave NW # 2a – Coon Rapids, MN 55448 – (763) 755-0403
- Allstate Insurance – 3505 Northdale Blvd NW – Coon Rapids, MN 55448 – (763) 323-4174
To view a full list of captive insurance agencies in Coon Rapids, simply jump to this page.
Selecting an insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How long has their agency been in business in Coon Rapids?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Upon receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that will properly service your auto insurance policy.
More information is located on the Minnesota Department of Commerce website. Click here for link. Minnesota drivers can find disaster information, view agent and company licensing information, report car insurance fraud, and get help finding coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to lower your auto insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Discount auto insurance can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Coon Rapids, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.