When searching for more affordable insurance, do you get overwhelmed by the sheer number of auto insurance providers in your area? North Carolina drivers have so many options that it can quickly become a difficult situation to lower your premium rates. Clemmons is an awesome place to live, but inflated auto insurance rates can make it hard for many residents to afford good insurance coverage.
Cutting your Clemmons auto insurance rates is a great way to save money. All you need to do is take the time to get quotes to find out which insurance company has . This can easily be done by using one of the methods below.
- Probably the best way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This quick form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for every company. One simple form gets prices estimates from several companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more difficult way to find better pricing is to take the time to go to each company’s website and repeat the quote process again and again. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare Geico, Farmers and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and repeatedly type in your coverage information, which can take a lot of time. For a list of links to insurance companies in Clemmons, click here.
- The final way to find and compare rates is going to different Clemmons agent offices. Comparing rate quotes online eliminates this option unless you’re the type of person who wants the trained guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. However, consumers can price shop online and still use a local agent.
It’s up to you which method you use, but double check that you are using the same quote data for each quote you get. If you have differing limits it will be nearly impossible to make a fair comparison in Clemmons.
Get cheap rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable data collection to scrutinize driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a defensive driver class could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their than drivers with accidents.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, early bird, homeowners, and student driver.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, good student, good driver, and multiple policy.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for safety features, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and online quote discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state.
More information can be read on the . Click here for link. Consumers can view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, file complaints about a company, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.