Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me, there are a lot of people in Lansing just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy. Since consumers have many insurance companies to choose from, it can be diffult for consumers to find the best insurer.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to quote online to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Finding the best rates in Lansing is not rocket science. If you have a current car insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Michigan drivers just need to learn the proper methods to shop their coverage around on the web.
Free Lansing Car Insurance Quotes
Finding a lower price on insurance can be relatively painless. You just need to invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The best way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do separate forms to each individual car insurance company. One simple form compares rates from car insurance companies with the best prices.
- A less efficient way to get comparison quotes consists of visiting each company website and fill out their own quote form. For example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from State Farm, Allstate and Farmers. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Lansing, click here.
- The hardest way of getting rate comparisons is to spend your day driving to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the trained guidance only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to obtain prices from the web and get advice from an agent in your area and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to truly determine the lowest rate in Lansing.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all available discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose providers with discount car insurance rates in Michigan, click here to view.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions could help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Michigan?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
More consumer information in Michigan
Additional detailed information can be read at the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation website. Michigan consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, learn about specific coverages, and get help finding coverage.