Expensive auto insurance can drain your personal savings and force you to make sacrifices. Doing a price comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Companies like Allstate and Progressive increase brand awareness with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the corporate glitz and find the best price available.
How to Buy Harrisonburg Auto Insurance Online
Most major insurance companies allow you to get coverage prices on their websites. Getting online quotes is fairly straightforward as you simply type in the coverages you want into the quote form. After you submit the form their rating system will order your driving record and credit report and provides a quote based on many factors. Being able to quote online simplifies rate comparisons, but having to visit several different sites and enter the same data into a form can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get a better rate.
The quickest way to find better auto insurance pricing is to use a quote form to obtain quotes from several different companies. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates repetitive work, and makes quoting online much simpler. Immediately after submitting the form, your coverage is rated and you can choose your choice of the price quotes you receive. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and buy the policy. The entire process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, simply click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will get a fair comparison based on identical coverages.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-77.jpg" alt="Harrisonburg Virginia car insurance prices”/>
Discounts are great for lower rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Harrisonburg may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in high school.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Harrisonburg, click here.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What is the minimum liability in Virginia?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at the Virginia Bureau of Insurance website. Virginia consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, discover disciplinary actions, find out which companies have the most complaints, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
Smart consumers save more
Cheap auto insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Harrisonburg agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just covered many tips how you can compare auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.