Price shopping your Monessen auto insurance is always nearly impossible for drivers not familiar with online rate comparisons. People have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a difficult challenge to find more affordable auto insurance rates.
There are several ways to compare auto insurance prices but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You could waste a few hours driving to local insurance agents in Monessen, or you could use online quotes to get rates in a matter of minutes.
All the larger companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and every company can give them a price determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions to each individual auto insurance company.
To access this free quoting program, click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to using this type of form is that you can’t choose the companies you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select specific providers to compare prices, we have a listing of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania. Click to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just do your best to use exactly the same coverages with every price quote. If you compare different values for each quote you can’t possibly determine which rate is truly the best in Monessen. Slightly different insurance coverages or limits may result in a large different in cost. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some companies don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Distant College Student Discount – who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Monessen Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Monessen may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Some companies who may offer these money-saving discounts include:
If you are trying to find , ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be offered in Monessen. To view insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
What determines auto insurance prices?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help calculate your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for rental car coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Discounts for multiple policies – The majority of companies will give a discount to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to compare other insurance prices to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Your occupation is a factor – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupational choices like judgespolice officers and emergency personnel tend to pay higher average rates in part from intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, historians and retirees get better rates.
- Discounts for married couples – Your spouse helps lower the price when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Better prices with anti-theft devices – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Guys are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Monessen.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Monessen that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
To help you view insurance agents in your area, link to this page of insurance agents in Monessen, PA.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy, get answers to these questions.
- How long has their agency been in business in Monessen?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Monessen?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
Much more information about auto insurance in Pennsylvania is available on the Pennsylvania Insurance Department website located here. Pennsylvania drivers can get help finding coverage, find disaster information, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. More affordable auto insurance can be sourced online in addition to many Monessen insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service and high prices. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.