Saving money on Cordova car insurance is nearly impossible for people who are new to buying insurance online. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a real challenge to compare prices in Cordova.
More discounts equal less premium
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be manually applied before being credited. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will reduce your overall premium however.
To choose insurers with the best car insurance discounts in Cordova, click here to view.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost in Cordova, AK
There are multiple methods to shop for car insurance, but some are more efficient than others. You can spend your afternoon driving to local insurance agents in Cordova, or you can utilize the internet to maximize your effort.
Most of the best insurance companies enroll in a system where prospective buyers complete one form, and at least one company can provide price quotes. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for each company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to comparing rates this way is that you can’t choose which companies you will receive quotes from. If you wish to select individual companies to request quotes from, we have a listing of the cheapest car insurance companies in Alaska. View list of Alaska insurance companies.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare apples-to-apples information for every company. If each company quotes different liability limits it will be next to impossible to find the best deal in Cordova.
Quote more, save more
Lower-priced car insurance is possible online as well as from independent agents in Cordova, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your car insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.