Finding lower rates for Falmouth auto insurance can be a challenge for beginners to shopping for insurance online. People have so many choices that it can be a challenge to find lower rates in Falmouth.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices yearly because insurance rates change frequently. If you had the best price a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance on the internet, so we’re going to give you some great ideas on how to slash your auto insurance rates.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Falmouth is not rocket science. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Nevertheless, Maine car owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
How much can you save with these ten discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts in Falmouth, follow this link.
Free Quotes for Auto Insurance in Falmouth, Maine
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The simplest method to find competitive insurance rates consists of shopping online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing separate forms to each individual auto insurance company. One form gets you price quotes direct from many companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A harder way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of visiting the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want rates from Liberty Mutual, State Farm and Allstate. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Falmouth, click here.
- The most time-consuming way of comparing rate quotes is driving to local Falmouth insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the personal advice only provided by licensed Falmouth agents. Drivers can price shop your coverage online and still use a local agent.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverages for every company. If you enter different values for each quote it’s impossible to make a fair comparison in Falmouth. Quoting even small variations in limits could mean much higher rates. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-7.jpg" alt="Falmouth ME car insurance prices“/>
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects, fire damage and theft. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your vehicle.
Due to the fact that many Maine drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (50/100/25 in Maine), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This coverage pays for damage to your vehicle resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as rolling your car, hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like surgery, prosthetic devices and rehabilitation expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs, medical services and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Maine state law requires minimum liability limits of 50,000/100,000/25,000 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
One last thing about your coverage
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.