If you’re searching for lower-priced insurance, are you overwhelmed by the dozens of car insurance providers in your area? Lot’s of other people are too. There are so many providers to choose from that it can quickly become a chore to compare premium rates. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Morehead is a wonderful place to live, but having to pay for pricey car insurance makes it very hard to afford proper coverage amounts.
The quickest method to compare rates is to know the trick most insurance companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as whether you drive to work or school, how much you drive, whether you are single or married, and deductibles desired. Those rating factors is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available.
Get affordable Kentucky car insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but occassionally some discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to study driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current policy expires. You could save around 10% when you .
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a safe driver class can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will help lower your policy premiums.
A few companies that may offer these benefits include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Morehead.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Morehead who will give you bids to get your business. You don’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-92.jpg" alt="Morehead KY insurance quotes” />
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Where are claims handled?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Kentucky?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Is a captive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents in Morehead can be categorized as either captive agents or independent agents.
Captive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be captive generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Captive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Captive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
The following is a list of captive insurance agents in Morehead willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 135 Pine Crest Rd – Morehead, KY 40351 – (606) 783-1267
- Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance – 723 W Main St – Morehead, KY 40351 – (606) 783-1868
- Shelter Insurance – 121 S Wilson Ave – Morehead, KY 40351 – (606) 784-6703
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Morehead that can give you comparison quotes.
- Roe Insurance – 333 W 1st St – Morehead, KY 40351 – (606) 784-7164
- Danny Adkins Insurance – 190 Flemingsburg Rd – Morehead, KY 40351 – (606) 783-1022
To choose from more Morehead insurance agents, you can link to this list of Morehead, KY car insurance providers.
Why your rate might be higher
Many things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
- Liability – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Continuous car insurance coverage saves money – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Having an address in areas with lower population can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Credit score impacts premium premiums – Credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. People with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit scores. So if your credit score could use some work, you could save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Keep car insurance rates low by being claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Kentucky give better rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Big names are not always cheapest
Companies like Allstate and Progressive endlessly run television and radio advertisements. All the ads say the same thing that drivers will save a bundle if you get a free and switch your coverage. It sounds good, but how can they all offer you a better deal? You have to listen carefully.
Car insurance companies look for specific characteristics for a prospective insured that is profitable for them. An example of a profitable customer might be over the age of 35, owns their home, and insures a new vehicle. Any person who meets those qualifications may get the lowest premium rates in Morehead and will also cut their rates if they switch.
Insureds who are not a match for these criteria will be quoted a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can state the savings. Each company has different criteria, so you really should compare rate quotes every year. It’s impossible to know which car insurance company will have better premium rates than you’re paying now.
Summing up your car insurance search
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver and even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies. Affordable car insurance can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Morehead agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Even more information is available at the Kentucky Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to file complaints about a company, read state legal mandates and laws, and find a variety of consumer forms.