If online auto insurance comparisons are new to you, it’s easy to be baffled by the vast assortment insurance agents and companies offering coverage in New Albany.
You need to quote other rates at least once a year since insurance prices change regularly. If you had the best rates six months ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the fastest way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. This information will tell you the most effective way to quote insurance. Mississippi drivers just need to know the best way to get comparison rates over the internet.
Find discounts on Mississippi auto insurance
Some insurance providers don’t always list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Theft Deterent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your .
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow data collection to look at where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new car is cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Online Discount – A few larger companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, driver’s education, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- Esurance includes discounts for claim free, defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, multi-car, and DriveSense.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include business or organization, family plan, defensive driving, accident-free, anti-theft, and easy pay.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To find auto insurance companies who offer free auto insurance quotes in Mississippi, click here.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When choosing coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Mississippi?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What are Mississippi no-fault laws?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Mississippi?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that provide for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurer requires more thought than just the price. Any good agent should know the answers to these questions.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Shown below is a short list of car insurance companies in New Albany who can help you get price quotes.
- John Stroud Agency – 213 State Highway 30 W, New Albany, MS 38652 – (662) 538-0634
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 142 W Bankhead St, New Albany, MS 38652 – (662) 534-4771
- Rhea Insurance – 1006 Munsford Dr, New Albany, MS 38652 – (662) 534-2108
- State Farm Insurance – 408 E Bankhead St, New Albany, MS 38652 – (662) 534-2122
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 142 W Bankhead St, New Albany, MS 38652 – (662) 534-4771
For a complete listing of agents near you, you may want to visit this complete selection of auto insurance providers in New Albany.
More detailed Mississippi auto insurance information can be read at the Mississippi Insurance Department website. Mississippi drivers can read state legal mandates and laws, discover disciplinary actions, and learn about insurance regulations.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in New Albany
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for things like pain medications, chiropractic care, surgery and dental work. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your vehicle resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your vehicle.
Due to the fact that many Mississippi drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Mississippi limits are 25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as attorney fees, emergency aid and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Mississippi requires drivers to carry at least 25,000/50,000/25,000 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer and rock chips in glass. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Cost effective auto insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in New Albany, so you need to with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be pretty painless.