Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose to make your car insurance payment? You are no different than many other people in Florida. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and get the best coverage at the cheapest price
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Buying car insurance in Riviera Beach is not rocket science. Nevertheless, Florida consumers do need to learn how companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Shopping for lower car insurance rates can be a lot of work if you don’t know the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste a lot of time driving to agents in Riviera Beach, or you can stay home and use the web to get prices fast.
Many popular insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers submit their information once, and every company returns a rated price based on that data. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each individual car insurance company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to comparing rates this way is that you can’t choose the companies to receive prices from. If you prefer to choose specific providers to compare prices, we have a page of the cheapest car insurance companies in Florida. View list of Florida insurance companies.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just do your best to enter the exact same coverages and limits on every quote. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to get a fair rate comparison in Riviera Beach. Just a small difference in limits can make a big difference in price. And when comparison shopping, comparing more company’s prices gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
Smart buyers know how to buy car insurance more affordably
Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Amount of liability insurance – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if ever you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Discounts for married couples – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other means you’re less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
- Drive less and get lower costs – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating states the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- What type of car do you drive? – The type of vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in your rates. Low performance passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- You might want pay the minor claims yourself – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Florida award lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- How old are your drivers? – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents .Beginning drivers are proven to be less responsible when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher.
- Raise your comp and collision deductibles for better costs – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more of the claim you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
You may qualify for discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow companies to monitor driving manner by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with some car insurance companies.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best car insurance rates when compared with frequent claim filers.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including distant student, multi-car, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, early shopping, homeowner, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for safe driver, driver training, multi-policy, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, good driver, accident-free, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, defensive driver, federal employee, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for bundle discounts, accident prevention training, safe driver, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new graduate, multi-car, multi-policy, safety features, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and new move discount.
If you want , ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Riviera Beach.
Affordable car insurance is out there
We covered a lot of techniques to compare car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Affordable car insurance can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Some additional reading
More detailed Florida car insurance information is located at the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Visitors are able to file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, report car insurance fraud, and discover disciplinary actions.