No one in their right mind looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much. Having so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for consumers to find the most cost effective insurer.
It’s a great practice to check car insurance prices every six months since rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rates last year you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the right way to find better coverage at a better price.
Finding Car Insurance in Reynoldsburg
Lowering your car insurance rates is surprisingly easy. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The most efficient way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do a different quote to each individual car insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form gets rate comparisons .
- A slightly less efficient method to compare prices is spending the time to visit each company’s website to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Liberty Mutual, Esurance and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Reynoldsburg, click here.
Whichever method you choose, double check that you are using the exact same coverage information with each company. If each company quotes different liability limits you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate in Reynoldsburg.
How much can you save with these ten discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for before being credited. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy life insurance.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive better car insurance rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in Reynoldsburg, click this link.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Additional information can be found on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Ohio drivers can file complaints about a company, report car insurance fraud, and download brochures.
Other related articles:
Car insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-8.jpg" alt="Reynoldsburg insurance quotes” />
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Ohio drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (12,500/25/7,500), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills like nursing services, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, doctor visits and dental work. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as theft, a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Liability car insurance
This can cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical expenses, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Ohio state law requires minimum liability limits of 12,500/25,000/7,500 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your vehicle resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Quote more, save more
Cheaper car insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Reynoldsburg agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
You just read a lot of tips how to get a better price on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.