If you’re shopping for lower-cost insurance on the web, are you overwhelmed by the dozens of auto insurance choices in Atmore? People have so many choices that it can really be a big hassle to find the best rates. If you live there, you know that Atmore is a great place to live, but pricey auto insurance makes it difficult to afford enough coverage.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates
Some companies don’t necessarily list all disounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you .
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could qualify for substantially lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you with certain companies.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Claim Free – Atmore drivers who stay claim-free pay less when compared with bad drivers.
- E-sign – Many larger companies give back up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century offers discounts including teen driver, anti-lock brakes, early bird, automatic seat belts, homeowners, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Nationwide includes discounts for defensive driving, easy pay, accident-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- Esurance may include discounts for multi-car, good student, Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, good driver, homeowner, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, air bag, driver training, and bundle.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Alabama?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower prices and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Atmore.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Atmore that can give you for your coverage. You don’t have to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When searching for local Atmore agents, you should know the different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either independent or captive. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out how they differ because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can write business through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Atmore that may be able to provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Southern Insurance – 209 S Trammell St – Atmore, AL 36502 – (251) 368-5616
- Atmore Insurance Svc – 113 S Pensacola Ave – Atmore, AL 36502 – (251) 368-1336
These agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Captives cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from captives mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Picking an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. A good agent will have answers to these questions.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Alabama drivers can’t escape the ads that claim the best premium rates from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. They all say the same thing that you can save if you switch to their company.
How does each company cost less than your current company? Here is how they do it.
Companies look for specific characteristics for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a driver they prefer might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a low-risk occupation, and has a high credit rating. A driver who fits those characteristics gets the lowest prices and will most likely save if they switch.
Insureds who don’t meet these standards will get a higher rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s the way companies can truthfully state the savings.
This emphasizes why you really need to quotes as often as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the through this link. Alabama drivers can read industry bulletins, view agent and company licensing information, and download brochures.
Auto insurance savings summarized
More affordable auto insurance is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to with both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just learned a lot of information how to reduce auto insurance premium rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
When searching for , do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.