Paying low cost prices for Lilburn auto insurance can seem to be difficult for drivers who have little experience online rate comparisons. When there are so many companies in the marketplace, it can turn into a real hassle to find the best price in Georgia.
It’s important to get comparison quotes as often as possible because rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every disount available very well, so we break down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You may see this discount when you get .
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Save over 55 – Seniors can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Resident Student – Children who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies that may have these discounts include:
If you are trying to find , ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Lilburn.
Make good decisions and reduce your rates
Many factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are more obscure like where you live and annual miles driven. <img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-10.jpg" alt="Lilburn Georgia auto insurance“/>
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Vehicles with better crash test results lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your car or truck scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Don’t get traffic citations – A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Only having one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers with serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience are known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Too many auto insurance claims will drive premiums up – Insurance companies in Georgia generally give discounts to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Georgia minimum liability coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Do drivers who switch really save $493 a year?
Big name companies like State Farm and Allstate continually stream ads in print and on television. They all convey the message that you’ll save big if you just switch your auto insurance policy to them. How does every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance providers quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. An example of this type of driver may need to be a mature driver, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Anybody who matches that profile receive the lowest rate quotes and have a good chance to save if they switch.
Potential customers who fall short of this ideal profile will probably have to pay higher rates and the prospect going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can make it sound like they have such great prices.
Because of the profiling, you should compare rate quotes every year. It is just not possible to predict which auto insurance company will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Learn more about Georgia auto insurance
Additional information can be read on the . Click here for link. Consumers can get help finding coverage, read industry bulletins, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to compare auto insurance rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best rates are with an unexpected company.
Some auto insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper auto insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Lilburn agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation or denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.