Purchasing affordable West Haven car insurance over the internet is difficult for people who are new to price shopping online. With dozens of insurers to choose from, how can consumers even start to compare every company to locate the cheapest available price?
Finding affordable coverage in West Haven is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Connecticut consumers only need to know the tricks to compare rates over the internet.
How to Get Cheap Car Insurance in West Haven
Finding a lower price on insurance is a fairly straight forward process. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing rates provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate forms to each individual car insurance company. Filling out one form gets you coverage quotes direct from many companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- A less efficient way to compare rate quotes requires a visit to each company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare Farmers, 21st Century and State Farm. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in West Haven, click here.
- The least recommended way to get comparison rates is to drive around to different West Haven agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional guidance of a local West Haven agent. Drivers can obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll touch on that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits for every company. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best in West Haven.
Save $426 a year. For real?
Connecticut drivers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings by Progressive, Geico, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make the same claim that you can save if you switch to their company.
How does each company say the same thing?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer might be over the age of 50, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside the requirements must pay higher prices and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why companies can advertise the savings. This illustrates why it is so important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount very well, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount depending on your company.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in West Haven can help you save on car insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-23.jpg" alt="lower rates in Connecticut” />
For a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts in Connecticut, click here to view.
Aren’t my neighborhood agents an option?
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in West Haven who will compete for your coverage. You never need to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy!
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Listed below are agents in West Haven who can help you get price quote information.
- Action Auto Insurance – 761 Campbell Ave, West Haven, CT 06516 – (203) 932-8221
- Insurance Problem Solvers – 393 Meloy Rd, West Haven, CT 06516 – (203) 933-5800
- Parillo Agency – 103 Elm St, West Haven, CT 06516 – (203) 932-5909
- State Farm Insurance – 505 Campbell Ave, West Haven, CT 06516 – (203) 932-0591
For a full directory of car insurance agents in West Haven, click here to link.
After getting positive responses for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an insurer that will provide car insurance coverage.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Connecticut?
- What are Connecticut no-fault laws?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
More detailed Connecticut car insurance information is located at the Connecticut Insurance Department website. Connecticut consumers can get help finding coverage, learn about specific coverages, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Better coverage you can count on
Cheap car insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood West Haven agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
You just learned many tips how you can shop for car insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with the least-expected company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.