Are you intimidated by the crazy number of car insurance options in Warrensburg? Many other consumers are too. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a real hassle to find lower rates.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. This information will introduce you to how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. But Missouri car owners need to learn the methods companies use to market on the web and apply this information to your search.
Save big with these discounts
Companies do not list every discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing over the internet.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Missouri, follow this link.
Buy Cheaper Car Insurance with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the factors companies use to determine prices.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Men and women cause accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some car insurance companies provide better rates to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your by improving your credit score. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
Your local neighborhood insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your information is sent to insurance agents in Warrensburg who will battle for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. How’s that for easy! You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent.
Deciding on a company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Two different types of insurance agents
When researching local Warrensburg agents, there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents are classified as either captive or independent.
This type of agents can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Below are Warrensburg captive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- State Farm Ins Co Agent Joe Gd – 103 NW Us Highway 50 – Warrensburg, MO 64093 – (660) 747-3029
- Shelter Insurance – 701 N Holden St # A – Warrensburg, MO 64093 – (660) 747-7106
- American Family Insurance – 201 N Maguire St # E – Warrensburg, MO 64093 – (660) 747-9536
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 725 Pca Rd – Warrensburg, MO 64093 – (660) 747-7123
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you should always include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Many write coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Warrensburg that are able to give rate quotes.
- Insurance and Benefits Group – 625 E Russell Ave – Warrensburg, MO 64093 – (660) 429-1512
- Baston-Mike Keith Insurance – 105 E Pine St – Warrensburg, MO 64093 – (660) 747-3151
For a complete listing of licensed insurance agents in Warrensburg, visit this site.
Once you have satisfactory answers to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
Ads can be misleading
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. All the ads say the same thing that you’ll save big after switching your coverage to them. How do they all make almost identical claims?
All companies can use profiling for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. A driver who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to these standards will be quoted more money which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently state the savings. This emphasizes why drivers should get as many quotes as possible. Because you never know which company will give you the biggest savings.
Even more information is available at the Missouri Department of Insurance website. Missouri drivers can download brochures, get help finding coverage, find a variety of consumer forms, and find disaster information.
The cheapest car insurance is available online as well as from independent agents in Warrensburg, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read a lot of tips how to compare car insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.