Getting the lowest price Coconut Creek car insurance may be problematic for vehicle owners who are beginners to quoting and comparing rates over the internet. With literally dozens of insurance companies available, how are vehicle owners expected to effectively compare each option to find the best available rates?
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes periodically because car insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the best rate six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the best way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Save with these rate-reducing discounts
Some insurance providers do not list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new car can get you a discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will give a small break for completing your application over the internet.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Florida, click here.
Shop car insurance online
Most of the larger companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get prices on their websites. Obtaining pricing is possible for anyone as you simply type in on the page. Upon sending the form, their rating system collects your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on the data you entered.
Online price quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but having to visit different websites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes in order to find the best price on car insurance.
There is a better way!
A better way to find cheaper rates uses one form to obtain quotes from many companies. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online price comparison much more efficient. After your information is entered, it is quoted and you are able to buy any of the quotes returned. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and buy the policy. The whole process only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To save time and find out how much you can save on car insurance, simply click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a fair comparison for exact coverage.
Save Money with these tips
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Listed below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Only buy what you need – There are many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Bad credit hurts insurance rates – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have bad credit. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your vehicle if you clean up your credit.
- Gender is a factor – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Bundle home and auto and save – Most major insurers will give discounts to buyers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, consumers should still check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find lower rates even if you insure with multiple companies
- Occupation can influence rates – Careers like real estate brokersair traffic controllers and financial analysts generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations like professors, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
- Teen driver insurance costs – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims and get fewer tickets.Teen drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so car insurance rates are higher.
- Pay less with a high safety rating – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Florida?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Florida?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Local Coconut Creek insurance agents
Some people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Coconut Creek who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Coconut Creek?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How are they compensated?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Coconut Creek are classified as either independent or captive.
Captive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Coconut Creek captive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance – 4943 Coconut Creek Pkwy – Coconut Creek, FL 33063 – (954) 971-4500
- State Farm Insurance – 3757 Coral Tree Cir – Coconut Creek, FL 33073 – (954) 969-2100
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Coconut Creek independent agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Timothy Hewett Insurance – 4400 W Sample Rd # 130 – Coconut Creek, FL 33073 – (954) 972-2431
- Brook Auto Insurance – 1180 Banks Rd – Coconut Creek, FL 33063 – (954) 968-7444
To choose from more car insurance agents in Coconut Creek, link to this directory of car insurance agencies in Coconut Creek.
If you get good responses for all questions you ask as well as quotes, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Save $475 a year! What?
Respected companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all seem to have a common claim that drivers can save some big amount after switching to their company. That’s great but how can every company charge you a lower premium?
Insurance providers have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that earns them the most money. For example, a preferred risk might have to be between the ages of 40 and 55, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A driver that meets those criteria will get low premium rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Insureds who fall short of the “perfect” profile will get higher premium rates and ends up with the customer not buying. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save money. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why drivers should compare often. It’s impossible to know which car insurance company will have the best premium rates.
You can find cheaper coverage
Affordable car insurance is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, so get from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers work with local independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, delays in paying claims or extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be pretty painless.
We’ve covered many ideas to get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you , the higher your chance of finding . Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Additional detailed information is located at the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Consumers can read consumer alerts, learn about insurance regulations, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and discover disciplinary actions.