If you are new to getting , you can easily be baffled by the crazy number of auto insurance companies all claiming to save you money.
You need to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because auto insurance prices change regularly. Just because you found the best deal at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some great ways to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Finding cheaper Flatwoods auto insurance rates is an easy way to save money. You just need to take the time getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies. Price comparisons can be done using one of these methods.
- If you don’t have a lot of time, the easiest way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for each company. One quote request gets you price quotes instantly. This is by far the quickest method.
- Another way to get quotes online requires a visit to each individual company website and repeat the quote process again and again. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from USAA, Farmers and Progressive. In order to compare rates, you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Flatwoods, click here.
- The least efficient and most time consuming method to compare price quotes is making phone calls or going to each insurance agency near you. Comparing rates online makes this process obsolete unless your situation requires the professional abilities only provided by licensed Flatwoods agents. Although you can get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent.
Whichever way you use, do your best to use apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles with each company. If your comparisons have different data then you won’t be able to make a fair comparison in Flatwoods.
Five discounts for lower Kentucky auto insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before being credited.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you .
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
To see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Kentucky, follow this link.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What are Kentucky no-fault laws?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Flatwoods?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Flatwoods insurance agency
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Flatwoods.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Flatwoods who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
In order to help you get more information on agents near you, you may want to link to this directory of Flatwoods, KY insurance agents.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
If you get good feedback to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an insurer that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, funeral expenses, medical expenses, emergency aid and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Kentucky requires drivers to carry at least 25,000/50,000/10,000 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your vehicle.
Since many Kentucky drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Kentucky limits are 25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and falling objects. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Flatwoods, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is easier than you think.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Learn more today
More information can be read on the website for the Kentucky Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Visitors are able to discover disciplinary actions, report car insurance fraud, and learn about insurance regulations.