Price shopping your Clive auto insurance is a challenge for consumers new to shopping for insurance online. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a lot of work to find lower rates in Clive.
Comparison of Auto Insurance in Clive, Iowa
There are multiple methods to shop for auto insurance, but some are more efficient than others. You could spend the better part of a day discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in Clive, or you can utilize the internet for quick rates.
Most major companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers submit their information once, and each company returns a competitive quote for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company you want a rate for. To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to using this type of form is that you can’t choose which insurance companies to receive prices from. So if you want to select specific providers to compare prices, we have a page of low cost auto insurance companies in Iowa. Click here for list of insurance companies in Iowa.
Which method you use is up to you, but make sure you use apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles with every price quote. If you enter unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to decipher which rate is best in Clive.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Comparing rates from local agents
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Educated insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Clive who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to your email. How’s that for easy!
Choosing an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-44.jpg" alt="Clive Iowa car insurance prices”/>
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When looking for a local agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents are classified as either captive or independent (non-captive). While both can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy from captive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of captive insurance agents in Clive who can help you get comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 13435 University Ave # 550 – Clive, IA 50325 – (515) 226-9956
- Allstate Insurance – 8980 Hickman Rd # 206 – Clive, IA 50325 – (515) 276-2541
- American Family Insurance – 8421 University Blvd # A – Clive, IA 50325 – (515) 225-7562
- Shelter Insurance – 11140 Hickman Rd – Clive, IA 50325 – (515) 278-9886
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to contact at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.Many can place coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
Listed below are Clive independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Dennis R Hill Agency – 2190 NW 82nd St # 3 – Clive, IA 50325 – (515) 276-3822
- Osborne Insurance Svc Inc – 8435 University Blvd # 7 – Clive, IA 50325 – (515) 223-1950
- Jim Gengler Agency Inc – 8350 Hickman Rd # 120 – Clive, IA 50325 – (515) 276-6960
- Advantage-Clive Insurance – 8421 University Blvd # G – Clive, IA 50325 – (515) 222-4884
- Joni M Givant Agency – 13375 University Ave # 301 – Clive, IA 50325 – (515) 331-4200
For a full directory of licensed insurance agents in Clive, simply jump to this page.
Upon getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What are Iowa no-fault laws?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart car theft.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rate. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Verify your auto insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Car insurance companies in Iowa generally give lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
Best coverage at the best price
You just read many ways to get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
Cost effective auto insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many Clive insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more Iowa auto insurance information
Even more information can be found at the Iowa Insurance Division website. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, learn about insurance regulations, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.