If shopping for is new to you, by this point your are probably bewildered by the diversity insurance agents and companies who claim to have the best auto insurance rates.
Discounts can really help save money
Some insurers don’t always list all their discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you . If you do not double check each discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to analyze driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- E-sign Discounts</strong – A handful of companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Geico discounts include good student, membership and employees, seat belt use, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers has discounts for multi-car, driver training, IntelliDrive, good student, and home ownership.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, drive less, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
- AAA has savings for good driver, anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not apply everywhere. To see companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, follow this link.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-112.jpg" alt="Texas car insurance“/>
Auto insurance companies are expert advertisers
Auto insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with television, radio, and online ads. They all convey the message about saving some big amount if you change your coverage to them. How does every company save you money? It’s all in the wording.
Many companies quote their best rates for the type of driver that earns them the most money. For example, a profitable insured might have to be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will probably get the lowest premium rates as well as save a lot of money.
Consumers who fall short of those standards must pay a more expensive rate and this results in the customer not buying. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. This illustrates why it is so important to compare as many as you can. You cannot predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Online resources for education
More detailed Texas auto insurance information can be found at the Texas Department of Insurance website. Consumers can view a list of available companies, read industry bulletins, and download brochures.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Mission
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal and high prices. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Lower-priced auto insurance can be purchased online and with local Mission insurance agents, so you need to with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We just presented a lot of techniques to reduce auto insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies.