Purchasing affordable Goose Creek auto insurance online may be impossible for consumers new to online price comaprisons. When there are so many insurers available, how can you even start to compare them all to find the lowest price available?
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year because rates change frequently. If you had the best deal two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get the best ways to quit paying high auto insurance rates.
How to Get Cheap Auto Insurance in Goose Creek, SC
All the larger auto insurance companies allow you to get insurance quotes online. Getting quotes is quite easy as you just enter your required coverages into a form. When complete, the company’s rating system gets your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information.
This makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit several different sites and type in the same information is monotonous and tiresome. But it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to find a lower rate.
The smarter way to find lower prices uses one form to obtain quotes from many companies. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes rate comparisons much easier to do. After sending your information, it is quoted and you are able to buy any one of the returned quotes.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To compare pricing, click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will get rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
Discounts are basically free money
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on their website.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in South Carolina, click this link.
Smart Consumers Save More
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-119.jpg" alt="Goose Creek South Carolina car insurance prices”/>
- Small claims can cost you – If you file claims often, you can expect higher rates. Companies in South Carolina award better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Teenage drivers in South Carolina are statistically proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few extra coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Women pay lower rates – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes cause accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Your credit score is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your by improving your credit score.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
What about my local Goose Creek agents?
Some consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Good agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting small agencies is especially important in Goose Creek.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Goose Creek who will battle for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier!
Multiple types of insurance agents in Goose Creek
If you’re trying to find local Goose Creek agents, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Agents are either captive or independent. While both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the differences because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Goose Creek willing to provide pricing information.
- Eckert Insurance Agency – 108 Central Ave # 4 – Goose Creek, SC 29445 – (843) 553-8643
- Brown and Brown Insurance – 113 Etiwan Dr – Goose Creek, SC 29445 – (843) 797-1774
- Palmetto Insurance – 118 Spring Hall Dr – Goose Creek, SC 29445 – (843) 553-5665
Captive insurance agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Captive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of captive agents in Goose Creek that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 123 Goose Creek Blvd S # A – Goose Creek, SC 29445 – (843) 553-5036
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 215 Saint James Ave – Goose Creek, SC 29445 – (843) 824-8000
- State Farm Insurance – 118 Goose Creek Blvd S – Goose Creek, SC 29445 – (843) 797-1300
To view a complete directory of Goose Creek captive agencies, click here to link.
Deciding on an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
After getting reasonable responses to these questions and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
When might I need an agent?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
More information can be found on the South Carolina Department of Insurance website. Click here for link. South Carolina consumers can find out industry alerts, find a variety of consumer forms, and learn about specific coverages.
The cheapest auto insurance is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Goose Creek, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.