Confused by the crazy number of auto insurance choices in Hurricane? Lot’s of other consumers are too. You have so many options available that it can easily become more work than you anticipated to find the lowest price.
You should take the time to price shop coverage on a regular basis because insurance rates change frequently. Just because you had the best rates a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to find better coverage at a better price.
Finding the best rates in Hurricane is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. West Virginia drivers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare company rates online.
How to Get Hurricane Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Finding a better price on auto insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The recommended way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests to each individual auto insurance company. Filling out one form will get you rate comparisons from all major companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more difficult way to get comparison quotes is to take the time to go to each company’s website to request a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want rates from Auto-Owners, Allstate and GEICO. To get each rate you have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Hurricane, click here.
- The hardest method to get comparison rates is driving to different Hurricane agent offices. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the personal advice of a local Hurricane agent. Drivers can price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage limits for every company. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Hurricane.
Don’t pay full price with these 5 discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known auto insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in West Virginia, click this link.
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in West Virginia?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do no-fault laws apply in West Virginia?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Hurricane?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Won’t my local insurance agent miss me?
Some people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to insurance agents in Hurricane who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier!
Deciding on a company should depend on more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- How long has their agency been open in Hurricane?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Below is a short list of car insurance companies in Hurricane who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance – 3857 Teays Valley Rd # 4, Hurricane, WV 25526 – (304) 757-1381
- State Farm Insurance – 2805 Main St, Hurricane, WV 25526 – (304) 562-9000
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 113 Liberty Sq, Hurricane, WV 25526 – (304) 757-4220
- Henderson Insurance Inc – 3275 Teays Valley Rd, Hurricane, WV 25526 – (304) 562-9681
- J W Insurance – 3961 Teays Valley Rd, Hurricane, WV 25526 – (304) 757-4305
To view a complete directory of Hurricane insurance agents, visit this site.
Once you have reasonable responses to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an insurance company that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your vehicle caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, fire damage and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for things like dental work, EMT expenses and doctor visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your vehicle.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 20/40/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability car insurance
This will cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like funeral expenses, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. West Virginia requires drivers to carry at least 20,000/40,000/10,000 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
And the best car insurance company is…
Cheap auto insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood Hurricane agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be pretty painless.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional consumer information websites
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at the West Virginia Insurance Commission website. Consumers can find out industry alerts, find a variety of consumer forms, and learn about specific coverages.