If you are new to online auto insurance, you can easily be baffled thanks to the incredible selection of insurance providers competing for your business.
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The simplest method to find affordable insurance rates consists of shopping online. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- Probably the best way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do separate forms for every auto insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets coverage cost estimates from multiple low-cost companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to get comparison quotes requires a trip to each company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, let’s say you want rates from USAA, 21st Century and Geico. In order to compare rates, you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Arnold, click here.
- The most difficult method to compare price estimates is to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. The ability to quote online has reduced the need for local agents unless you’re the type of person who wants the extra assistance of a local agency. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use apples-to-apples information for every company. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Arnold. Quoting even small variations in limits may result in a large different in cost. Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons increases your odds of finding a lower rate. Not every company allows you to get quotes online, so it’s important to also get price estimates from those companies as well.
You may qualify for discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Club Memberships – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Arnold. For a list of providers that offer discounts in Arnold, click this link.
Local Arnold insurance agents
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Arnold who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Arnold?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Pennsylvania?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How long have they been in business?
Types of car insurance agents in Arnold
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Arnold can be classified as either independent agents or captive agents depending on their employer.
Captive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be captive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Captives cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, you need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many write coverage with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
The following are Arnold independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- O’Neil Insurance – 2035 Kimball Ave – Arnold, PA 15068 – (724) 339-7571
To view more insurance agents in Arnold, you may want to link to this full listing of auto insurance agents in Arnold.
If you feel you receive good answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Arnold?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Pennsylvania Insurance Department website. Pennsylvania drivers can find out industry alerts, read industry bulletins, report car insurance fraud, and find disaster information.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Arnold
Insurance advertising tricks
Big name companies like State Farm, Allstate and Geico endlessly run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the promise about savings if you get a free and switch your auto insurance policy to them. How does every auto insurance company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? It’s all in the words they use.
Insurance companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. One example of this type of risk profile could be between 30 and 50, owns their home, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A customer who fits that profile will probably get the lowest prices as well as save some money.
Insureds who are not a match for the ideal profile may receive higher rates which leads to the customer buying from a different company. The ads state “people who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why you need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is impossible to guess which company will give you the biggest savings.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Having a good grasp of auto insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability insurance covers claims such as legal defense fees, pain and suffering, medical expenses and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Pennsylvania requires minimum liability limits of 15,000/30,000/5,000 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hail damage, fire damage, rock chips in glass, theft and a broken windshield. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Pennsylvania limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for nursing services, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
One last thing about your coverage
Cheaper auto insurance is available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these smaller providers work with local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your auto insurance prices. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.