Purchasing cheaper Weatherford auto insurance can appear to be challenging for vehicle owners who are new to comparing prices over the internet. Since there are so many insurers available, how are vehicle owners expected to effectively compare every auto insurance company to find the best pricing?
Performing a rate comparison can be a daunting task if you don’t utilize the easiest way. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in Weatherford, or you can stay home and use online quotes for quick rates.
Most major companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to complete one form, and each company then gives them pricing for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to every company.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance click here to open in new window.
One minor caviat to using this type of form is you are unable to specify which carriers you want pricing from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to compare rates, we have a page of companies who write auto insurance in Oklahoma. Click here for list of insurance companies in Oklahoma.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but make sure you are using nearly identical information for each comparison quote. If the quotes have differing limits it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best in Weatherford.
Weatherford auto insurance rates are influenced by these factors
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Safety first – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If your car earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- High deductibles save money – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Extra policy coverages can add up – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Gender matters – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females get in accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Performance impacts rates – The type of car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Lower cost passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Married people drive safer – Being married helps lower the price on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse is viewed as being less irresponsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Consolidate policies and save money – Many insurance companies apply better rates for people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
You may qualify for discounts
Some insurers don’t list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on your computer.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn substantially lower prices.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow data collection to scrutinize where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Good Student Discount – This discount may save as much as 25% on a . Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-115.jpg" alt="Weatherford OK insurance quotes” />
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Travelers discounts include home ownership, early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, save driver, and IntelliDrive.
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, good student, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good driver, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, and newly retired.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company the best way to save money. Discounts may not be offered in your area.
Local Weatherford insurance agencies and auto insurance
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Good agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and also buy local. And buying from local agencies is important especially in Weatherford.
By using this short form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Captive agents vs. Independent agents
When searching for a local Weatherford insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can either be captive agents or independent agents. Both types can handle auto insurance, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Weatherford that may be able to give you pricing information.
- Magill Insurance and Real Estate – 322 E Main St – Weatherford, OK 73096 – (580) 772-7101
- Kanok Insurance Svc – 203 S Broadway St – Weatherford, OK 73096 – (580) 772-3443
Captive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Captives cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Captive agents are trained well on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Below is a list of captive agents in Weatherford that are able to give rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 121 N Broadway St – Weatherford, OK 73096 – (580) 772-5320
To choose from insurance agencies near you, see this complete selection of Weatherford, OK auto insurance agents.
Picking an car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Weatherford?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Upon getting acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Leave no stone unturned
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured cut full coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
A few companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance is available online and with local Weatherford insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More Oklahoma auto insurance resources
Additional information is available on the through this link. Visitors are able to get help finding coverage, find out industry alerts, view agent and company licensing information, and find a variety of consumer forms.