Sick and tired of not being able to afford each month for car insurance? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other car owners in Kansas. Popular companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Car Insurance Comparison Rates in Andover, KS
Finding cheaper car insurance prices is a fairly straight forward process. Drivers just need to invest a few minutes to compare quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- One of the best ways to get quotes is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do a different quote for each company. A single form gets rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates consists of visiting each company website and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want rates from Nationwide, Allstate and GEICO. To get each rate you have to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in Andover, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make sure you use the exact same information for each comparison quote. If you compare differing limits it’s impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Andover.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Kansas drivers constantly see and hear ads for car insurance savings from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you move your policy.
How can each company say the same thing?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For example, a desirable insured might be profiled as between 25 and 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who are not a match for the requirements must pay higher premiums and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can claim big savings. This illustrates why drivers must compare as many rates as you can. Because you never know the company that will have the lowest rates.
Learn How to Lower your Rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Car features impact rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – Credit score is a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. So if your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your by improving your rating.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Women and men are in accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- High performance equals high price – The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates are usually for low performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have severe citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- College Student – Children living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Quote often and quote early
Budget-conscious car insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to many Andover insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Even more information is located at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to get help finding coverage, view a list of available companies, report car insurance fraud, and download brochures.