Finding the best rates in Mercer Island is not rocket science. Just about every vehicle owner who buys car insurance will more than likely be able to save money. But Washington vehicle owners must comprehend how insurance companies determine prices.
Find hidden discounts to get affordable Washington car insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before being credited.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get slightly better rates than normal.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Online Discount – Many car insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger car insurance companies have lower car insurancerates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive reduced rates.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will cut your policy premiums.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, good student, claim-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include anti-theft, annual mileage, age of vehicle, ease of repair, and professional/association.
- Nationwide offers discounts for defensive driving, family plan, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and federal employee.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Mercer Island.
To find more affordable prices, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from different Mercer Island insurance companies. The quickest method to find competitive insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
Without a doubt, the easiest way to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This quick form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. Completing one form gets you coverage quotes from many national carriers. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
A less efficient way to find lower rates consists of going to the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For instance, we’ll assume you need rates from Progressive, Safeco and GMAC. You would be required to go to each individual site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in Mercer Island, click here.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just make absolute certain that you use exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits on every price quote you get. If you enter different deductibles you will not be able to make a fair comparison in Mercer Island. Even a minor difference in insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. Just remember that comparing more company’s prices helps you find the best rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online price quotes, so you need to compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
Be persistent and save
You just read a lot of information how to reduce car insurance auto insurance rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting . You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company.
As you , it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.