Expensive car insurance can empty your checking account and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing price quotes is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company and get the definite cheapest price
Which Car Insurance is Cheapest in Elizabethtown, KY?
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to get quotes from different in Elizabethtown, KYinsurance companies. One of the best ways to find the lowest rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions to each individual car insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form will get you price quotes from all major companies.
- Another way to obtain and compare quotes online is to manually visit the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Auto-Owners, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Elizabethtown, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare the exact same quote information with each company. If the quotes have different values for each quote it’s impossible to decipher which rate is best in Elizabethtown. Just a small difference in coverages can make a big difference in price. And when quoting car insurance, remember that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
To choose providers with discount car insurance rates in Kentucky, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Elizabethtown?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Should I buy only the required Kentucky minimum liability coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Even more information can be read at the Kentucky Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to find out industry alerts, get help finding coverage, report car insurance fraud, and discover disciplinary actions.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change to their company. But how can every company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 50, has no driving citations, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who do not match these standards must pay a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can state the savings. This illustrates why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your vehicle.
Since many Kentucky drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Kentucky limits are 25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This covers damage to your vehicle resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Kentucky state minimum liability requirements are 25,000/50,000/10,000 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like ambulance fees, doctor visits, EMT expenses, nursing services and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Budget-conscious car insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Elizabethtown, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
You just read some good ideas how you can reduce car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.