No one looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially when the cost is way too high. Online insurance companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO continually bombard you with advertising and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Buying car insurance in Eugene is quite easy. Oregon vehicle owners just need to understand the tricks to shop over the internet.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- E-sign – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Oregon, follow this link.
But don’t I need an insurance agent?
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agencies is definitely important in Eugene.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-39.jpg" alt="Eugene insurance quotes” />
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Eugene who will battle for your business. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier!
If you prefer to select a specific agent in Eugene, please click here.
Selecting an provider shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Once you have received satisfactory answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to a company that can provide auto insurance coverage.
More information is located on the website for the Oregon Insurance Division found here. Oregon consumers can find disaster information, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and download brochures.
A little work can save a LOT of money
You just learned a lot of tips how to compare auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance is available from both online companies in addition to many Eugene insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.