Are you a victim of an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many Nogales consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance. Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to get the best rate
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Nogales is easy if you know what you’re doing. Arizona drivers only need to know the most efficient way to compare company rates on the web.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be requested specifically before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Nogales may earn you a small savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance in Nogales, AZ
All major auto insurance companies quote prices directly from their websites. The process doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system collects credit information and your driving record and returns a price determined by many factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, but the process of having to visit each company’s website and repetitively fill out multiple forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you are searching for the lowest price.
There is an easier way!
The smarter way to find lower prices uses one simple form to return rates from several companies at one time. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable and efficient. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you are able to buy any of the quotes that you receive.
If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
In order to get comparison pricing now, click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will get rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
Buy Cheaper Auto Insurance with These Tips
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Careers like judges, executives and financial analysts have higher average rates attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as pilots, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in a small town can save you money when buying auto insurance. Urban drivers tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Mature drivers pay less – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Your credit rating is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Car features impact rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability coverage will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Are auto insurance companies telling the truth?
Arizona drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance from the likes of Allstate, Geico and Progressive. All the companies say the same thing that you can save if you move your coverage to them.
But how can every company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk could be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Drivers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher rates and ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why you absolutely need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
One last thing
You just read many tips how you can save on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More information about auto insurance
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the website for the Arizona Department of Insurance located here. Arizona consumers can find out industry alerts, discover disciplinary actions, and download brochures.