Are you drained from scraping nickels together to make your car insurance payment? You are in the same boat as the majority of other consumers in Montana. Due to the abundance of online and local companies to choose from, it can be challenging to find the right car insurance provider.
There are a variety of methods to compare car insurance quotes, but one way is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could waste time discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in Valier, or you could use online quoting to get prices fast.
Many of the larger companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to enter their policy data once, and at least one company then gives them pricing. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company.
To compare pricing click to open in new window.
The single downside to doing it this way is you can’t choose which insurance companies you want to price. If you wish to select individual companies for rate comparison, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in Montana. Click to view list.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just try to keep apples-to-apples coverage limits for every company. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be nearly impossible to make an equal comparison in Valier. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating better pricing.
Save $423 a year! What?
Respected companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run television, radio, and online ads. They all state the claim about saving some big amount after switching your policy. How can each company save you money? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance providers have specific characteristics for a prospective insured that is profitable for them. For example, a desirable insured could be over age 30, has a low-risk occupation, and drives newer vehicles. Someone who meets those qualifications will get a cheap rate quote and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who don’t qualify for these standards must pay higher premium rates which translates to the customer buying from someone else. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can make those claims. This really emphasizes why drivers should quotes as often as possible. It’s not possible to predict which company will have the best auto insurance rates at this point in time.
Why informed drivers pay less for insurance in Valier
Many factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your rates.
- Small claims can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Montana award discounts to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended for larger claims.
- Safeguard your assets with liability – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage in the event that you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Do males or females drive better? – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Men and women are in accidents in similar numbers, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
- Decrease prices by maintaining coverage – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your car insurance bill. Marriage may mean you are more stable financially and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Save by driving less – The more miles you rack up on your car each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your car insurance policy shows annual mileage.
- High physical damage deductibles equal low rates – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- More stress means more cost – Jobs such as fire fighterspolice officers and financial analysts are shown to have the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, students and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Find discounts on Montana car insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few need to be specially asked for before they will apply.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-41.jpg" alt="Valier Montana car insurance prices”/>
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Paperwork-free – Many insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on your computer.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in high school.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will definitely reduce your car insurance premiums.
Companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and older, homeowners, automatic seat belts, early bird, driver training, teen driver, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Nationwide has savings for family plan, business or organization, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driving.
- Esurance may include discounts for DriveSense, online quote, renters, Switch & Save, multi-policy, and claim free.
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, defensive driver, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and good student.
When getting , it’s a good idea to each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not apply in every state.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How much liability coverage do I need in Montana?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Buying from auto insurance agents
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
What type of Valier car insurance agent is right for you?
If you would like to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance agencies are considered either independent or captive depending on the company they work for.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Captives cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Captive agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can write business amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Valier that can give you price quotes.
Mountain Front Insurance Svc – 221 Choteau Ave – Valier, MT 59486 – (406) 279-3382
To choose from more car insurance agents in Valier, view this directory of Valier car insurance providers.
Persistence pays off
Cheap car insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, so get from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
We just presented some good ideas how to lower your car insurance prices. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding . You may even find the lowest prices come from the least-expected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at the Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance website. Visitors are able to report car insurance fraud, file complaints about a company, read industry bulletins, and find out industry alerts.
The following articles may also be useful.