Having to pay for pricey auto insurance can draw down your monthly budget and make it hard to pay other bills. Due to the large number of insurance providers from which to choose, it can be challenging to locate the lowest cost auto insurance company.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates yearly because auto insurance rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the right way to buy cheaper auto insurance.
Buying car insurance in Jesup is not rocket science. If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can learn to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Georgia drivers just need to know how to get comparison quotes online.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. All that’s required is to take a couple of minutes to get quotes to discover which company has . This can be done using a couple different methods.
- One of the fastest ways to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This form saves time by eliminating boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. A single, simple form gets you coverage quotes direct from many companies.
- A more time consuming way to compare prices requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, we’ll pretend you need rates from Farmers, Liberty Mutual and Allstate. In order to get each rate, you would have to spend time going to each site individually and type in your information over and over, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of companies in Jesup, click here.
- The hardest method of comparing rate quotes is making phone calls or going to local Jesup insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates this option unless you have a complicated situation and need the peace of mind of a local Jesup agent. Although you can obtain prices from the web and still use a local agent.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just compare exactly the same coverage data for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have different coverage information it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Jesup.
Find hidden discounts on Jesup auto insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable data collection to track vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the premium cost.
To view auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Jesup, click here.
Local Jesup insurance agencies and auto insurance
A small number of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Most agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Jesup who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Jesup
If you are searching for local Jesup agents, there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Auto insurance agents in Jesup are classified as either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it could factor into the selection process.
Captive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be captive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Captive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. They are well schooled on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Jesup that can give you price quotes.
Barlow Insurance – 256 W Walnut St – Jesup, GA 31545 – (912) 427-0202
Grimes Insurance – 128 W Cherry St – Jesup, GA 31545 – (912) 427-8944
To choose from more auto insurance agents in Jesup, see this directory of insurance agencies in Jesup, GA.
Once you have satisfactory answers to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to service your policy.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do no-fault laws apply in Georgia?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Informed drivers save more
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Expect high rates for teens – Teen drivers in Georgia are statistically proven to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older people are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents .
- More annual miles equals more premium – The more you drive your car every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Gender and auto insurance – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Males and females are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Stay claim-free and lower prices – Car insurance companies in Georgia generally give most affordable rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catestrophic claims.
Can switching companies really save?
Georgia drivers can’t ignore all the ads that claim the cheapest premium rates from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all advertise claims that drivers can save some big amount if you just switch your policy.
How is it possible that every company can cost less than your current company?
Insurance providers provide the lowest rates for the type of insured that will generate a profit. One example of this type of insured might have to be a married male, has no prior claims, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A driver that fits those parameters receives the best prices and will most likely save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who fall short of the “perfect” profile may be required to pay higher premium rates with the end result being the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. This really emphasizes why you should get a wide range of price quotes. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will provide the lowest rates.
Smart consumers save more
Budget-friendly auto insurance is attainable online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
You just read many ways to save on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company. Regional companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
More detailed Georgia auto insurance information can be found at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Consumers can read consumer alerts, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and read industry bulletins.