If you’ve never shopped for , you can be baffled thanks to the incredible selection of companies all claiming to save you money.
It is always a good idea to compare rates yearly because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best deal on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out one of the best ways to find great coverage at a great price.
The purpose of this post is to familiarize you with the most effective way to quote insurance. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these methods. Although Rhode Island consumers must comprehend how big insurance companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details like how you use your vehicles, driver details, how much coverage you want, and if the vehicle is leased. That rating data is instantly provided to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
To compare rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Lower rate quotes with these discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but some need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount when getting a .
- Paper-free Discount – Certain car insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on your computer.
- Life Insurance Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, seat belt use, daytime running lights, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate may have discounts that include good student, resident student, anti-theft, new car, and economy car.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for accident prevention training, anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- AAA may include discounts for pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find , ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in East Greenwich. For a list of companies who offer free car insurance quotes in Rhode Island, click here to view.
Insurance agencies are trained to help
A lot of people still like to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in East Greenwich.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in East Greenwich can be classified as either independent or captive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
The following are independent insurance agencies in East Greenwich that can give you price quote information.
- Cardwell Agency Inc – 16 Main St – East Greenwich, RI 02818 – (401) 348-9300
- Hanaway Agency – 16 Main St – East Greenwich, RI 02818 – (401) 333-2900
- C T Insurance Svc – 378 Main St – East Greenwich, RI 02818 – (401) 886-1100
- Glover-Padula Insurance Inc – 16 Main St – East Greenwich, RI 02818 – (401) 884-1616
- Mellor Agency – 5 Division St # 3 – East Greenwich, RI 02818 – (401) 884-4455
Captive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the captive channel write business for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a captive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Choosing the best insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. A good agent will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Which is the best car insurance?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What is the minimum liability in Rhode Island?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
What impacts East Greenwich insurance policy costs?
Multiple criteria are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors that factor into your rate level.
- Safer cars means better rates – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If your car or truck is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- High coverage deductibles cost less – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
- Tickets hurt – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Getting just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who have gotten serious citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
- Never let your policy expire – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Rhode Island motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Car insurance companies in Rhode Island give most affordable rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Big cities mean more claims – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Experienced drivers pay less – Beginning drivers in Rhode Island are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a young driver to your policy can really hurt. Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims .
- Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. The most favorable rates will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
Summing up your car insurance search
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
People leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, high prices, questionable increases in premium or poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Cost effective car insurance is possible online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide online rate quotes and these regional carriers work with independent agents.
Learn more about car insurance in Rhode Island
Additional information is available on the located here. Rhode Island consumers can download brochures, learn about insurance regulations, and report car insurance fraud.
The following articles may also be useful.