Overpriced car insurance can dwindle your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Drivers have so many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, it can be more difficult to find the best rates.
It’s a great practice to compare rates periodically because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best price a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about car insurance online but I’m going to show you some great ideas on how to put money back in your pocket.
This information will help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Nevertheless, Utah drivers need to learn the methods companies use to determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- College Student – Kids in college who live away from home and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
How to Buy Woods Cross Car Insurance Online
Most major insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive quote prices for coverage on the web. Getting online quotes is fairly simple as you simply type in your personal and coverage information into a form. Behind the scenes, their system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and provides a quote based on these factors. Quoting online makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit many different websites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the lowest price.
The smarter way to locate the lowest prices makes use of a single form that gets prices from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced and you can choose any or none of the price quotes you receive.
If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process takes just a few minutes to complete and could lower your rates considerably.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, simply click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages as shown on your current policy. This ensures you’re receiving a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Buy Cheaper Car Insurance with These Tips
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better car insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rates.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your car insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one citation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who get severe violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Lower rates come with age – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be more careless behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars get lower rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation may require specific advice.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-95.jpg" alt="Woods Cross UT insurance quotes” />
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Woods Cross?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- When should I not file a claim?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Do I need a local agent?
Some people just want to talk to a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Woods Cross.
After completing this simple form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Woods Cross who will battle for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. It doesn’t get any easier! You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
When searching for a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agents are categorized either independent or captive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company but instead can place your coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Below are independent agents in Woods Cross willing to provide rate quotes.
Pamela L Sloop Insurance – 707 W 700 S – Woods Cross, UT 84087 – (801) 298-1156
Innovative Insurance Inc – 811 S 500 W # 107 – Woods Cross, UT 84010 – (801) 296-1767
Captive agencies are contracted to one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Woods Cross captive agents that can give you price quote information.
Allstate Insurance – 2459 S Main St – Woods Cross, UT 84010 – (801) 294-5502
Farmers Insurance Group – 576 W 900 S – Woods Cross, UT 84010 – (801) 335-3700
For a complete listing of captive insurance agents in Woods Cross, go to this page.
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How long has their agency been in business in Woods Cross?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
After receiving positive responses to your questions and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Car insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save if you change your policy. How can each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a desirable insured could possibly be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has great credit. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who fall outside these standards will be charged higher rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
That is why you should get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Smart shoppers get results
Low-cost car insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many Woods Cross insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for car insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional consumer information websites
Much more information about car insurance in Utah can be read on the website for the Utah Insurance Department through this link. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, download brochures, and report car insurance fraud.