Comparing Englewood auto insurance rates online might seem complicated at first if you’re new to online quoting. But don’t let that discourage you because finding affordable coverage online is easier than you think.
You should make it a habit to compare prices on a regular basis since rates change regularly. If you had the lowest price a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the right way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Don’t miss out on these seven money-saving discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount with certain companies.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Colorado, click here.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Costs in Englewood, Colorado
Lowering your auto insurance rates is not a difficult process. Consumers just need to invest a little time comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- Probably the best way to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This easy form prevents you from having to do multiple quote forms to each individual auto insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form gets you price quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices. Just one form and you’re done.
- A slightly less efficient method to analyze rates is spending the time to visit the website of each company to complete a price quote. For example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Farmers, Safeco and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Englewood, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use the exact same coverages for each comparison quote. If you compare different deductibles you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best in Englewood.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads say the same thing about savings if you switch to their company.
How do they all make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a driver they prefer could possibly be a mature driver, owns a home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A driver who fits that profile receives the best rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don’t meet the requirements must pay higher prices which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do. This illustrates why you should get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Auto insurance coverage options
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your vehicle resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a deer, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Colorado drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/15 in Colorado), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Auto liability – This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid, structural damage, attorney fees and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25,000/50,000/15,000 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for nursing services, ambulance fees, funeral costs, doctor visits and dental work. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
In this article, we presented many ways to lower your auto insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
Cost effective auto insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Englewood insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More detailed Colorado auto insurance information is located at the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Colorado drivers can read state legal mandates and laws, find disaster information, and read industry bulletins.
Other related articles: