Buying affordable Blytheville auto insurance on the internet may be rather challenging for people who are new to buying insurance online. When there are so many insurers available, how can you even start to compare every company to locate the best available price?
It’s a good idea to shop coverage around occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the lowest price six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get the easiest ways to buy auto insurance cheaper.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. The purpose of this post is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages. Arkansas consumers only need to know the proper way to get comparison quotes online.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
To see a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts in Blytheville, click here.
Blytheville Auto Insurance Prices Online
All major auto insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm give coverage prices online. Getting online rates is quite simple as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Once entered, their rating system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit multiple sites and fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find a lower rate.
The easiest way to get multiple rate quotes makes use of a single form to return rates from many companies. The form is fast, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online price comparison a lot less work. After your information is entered, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the quotes that you receive.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and buy the policy. The entire process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
In order to get comparison pricing now, simply click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
Blytheville Rates are Influenced by These Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are many extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married can get you a discount when buying auto insurance. It translates into being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. Low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about auto insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident. City drivers have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many auto insurance companies will award you with lower prices to customers who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find a better deal by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Compare online but buy from a local Blytheville agent
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Blytheville.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Blytheville who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to your email. How’s that for easy!
Captive agents vs. Independent agents
When finding a local agent, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Agencies in Blytheville can either be captive or independent (non-captive). Both types can write coverage properly, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it may influence your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, you should always include price quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
The following are Blytheville independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- General Insurance – 315 N Broadway St – Blytheville, AR 72315 – (870) 762-2641
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 1580 S Division St – Blytheville, AR 72315 – (870) 763-7822
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents write business for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently choose to use a captive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of captive agencies in Blytheville willing to provide rate quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 1580 S Division St – Blytheville, AR 72315 – (870) 763-7822
- Allstate Insurance – 908 N 6th St – Blytheville, AR 72315 – (870) 762-1615
- Shelter Insurance – 606 N 6th St – Blytheville, AR 72315 – (870) 763-6456
- Farmers Insurance Group – 553 N 10th St – Blytheville, AR 72315 – (870) 763-6400
- State Farm Insurance – 605 N 6th St – Blytheville, AR 72315 – (870) 763-9233
To view a full list of captive agents in Blytheville, simply jump to this page.
Selecting an insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How are they compensated?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
After getting reasonable responses to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Shop smart and save
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Discount auto insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Blytheville, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be less work than you think.
Much more information about auto insurance in Arkansas is available on the Arkansas Insurance Department website through this link. Arkansas consumers can read consumer alerts, get help finding coverage, and read industry bulletins.