Comparison shopping for Deer Lodge car insurance is always difficult for consumers not familiar with shopping for insurance online. People have so many options that it can turn into a big hassle to find lower rates in Deer Lodge.
Buying cheaper car insurance in Deer Lodge is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Montana consumers just need to understand the most efficient way to buy car insurance online.
Cheap Deer Lodge Car Insurance Comparisons
Performing a rate comparison is a ton of work if you don’t know the most efficient way to do it. You can spend your afternoon talking to insurance companies in Deer Lodge, or you could save time and use online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many popular insurance companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and each participating company can give them a price based on that information. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to each company. To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly which providers to get pricing from. If you would rather choose individual companies to receive pricing from, we have a page of car insurance companies in Montana. Click here for list of insurance companies in Montana.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage limits for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to make an equal comparison in Deer Lodge.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in Montana, click here.
Why some people pay less for insurance in Deer Lodge
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even one ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. If you have serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- High performance equals high price – The type of car you drive makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest rates are generally reserved for economy passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- More miles equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your car every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Make sure your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some insurance companies will give a discount to customers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you still need to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your car insurance policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Buying car insurance locally
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Educated insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Deer Lodge.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will compete for your coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. How’s that for easy!
Listed below are agents in Deer Lodge that can give you price quote information.
- Clawson Insurance – 400 Missouri Ave, Deer Lodge, MT 59722 – (406) 846-1411
To view a complete directory of Deer Lodge insurance agents, simply jump to this page.
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Once you have positive feedback to these questions and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an provider that can provide car insurance coverage.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
More information can be read on the Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance website found here. Montana drivers can view agent and company licensing information, view a list of available companies, and read state legal mandates and laws.
A tidy conclusion
The cheapest car insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Deer Lodge agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, high prices and even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.