Nobody looks forward to buying auto insurance, particularly when the price is too high. Companies like State Farm and Geico continually bombard you with advertising and it is difficult to see through the deception and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to compare prices on a regular basis because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best rates a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to get good coverage at a lower rate.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Maple Grove is not that difficult. Minnesota consumers just need to learn the best way to compare price quotes online.
Fast and Easy Maple Grove Auto Insurance Quotes
Most major insurance companies quote insurance quotes on the web. Getting quotes is pretty easy as you simply type in your required coverages into the quote form. After you complete the form, their system orders reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price. Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the work required to visit each company’s website and repetitively complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to do this if you are searching for a better rate.
The better way to compare rates
The easiest way to get multiple rate quotes requires only one form to get prices from many companies. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes comparison shopping much more efficient. Once the form is submitted, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the quotes returned.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. This process only takes a few minutes and can result in significant savings.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This ensures you will get comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers in Minnesota can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. All the ads make the same claim that you’ll save big if you change your coverage to them.
But how can every company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer might be profiled as between 25 and 40, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and therefore will save when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will be quoted more money and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why it is so important to compare many company’s rates. It’s impossible to know which auto insurance company will have the lowest rates.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
- Big city or small town – Living in a rural area can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. City drivers have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Companies in Minnesota give discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Lower deductibles cost more – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, vandalism, or theft. The more money you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Just one ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most auto insurance companies will award you with lower prices to customers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
How much can you save with discounts?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Maple Grove may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount with certain companies.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Maple Grove, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Maple Grove.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will compete to get your business. There is no reason to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. How cool is that?!
The following are agents in Maple Grove that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
KLEMESRUD Agency – 13700 83rd Eay N # 210, Maple Grove, MN 55369 – (763) 494-4743
Liberty Mutual Insurance – 13580 Grove Dr, Maple Grove, MN 55311 – (763) 420-4407
Liberty Mutual Insurance – 13580 Grove Dr, Maple Grove, MN 55311 – (763) 420-4407
Allstate Insurance – 7200 Hemlock Ln N # 104a, Maple Grove, MN 55369 – (763) 424-6629
State Farm Insurance – 7048 E Fish Lake Rd, Maple Grove, MN 55311 – (612) 788-0224
Leisen Insurance – 9150 Kirkwood Ln N, Maple Grove, MN 55369 – (763) 424-1092
Farmers Insurance Group – Highway 100, Maple Grove, MN 55369 – (763) 315-3044
Selecting an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
Upon getting positive responses for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an insurer that is a good match to adequately provide auto insurance.
Summing up your auto insurance search
We just showed you a lot of ways to save on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a small mutual company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Affordable auto insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Maple Grove, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
More Minnesota auto insurance resources
Much more information about auto insurance in Minnesota is located on the website for the Minnesota Department of Commerce. Click here for link. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, read state legal mandates and laws, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find disaster information.