Are you frustrated by the dozens of car insurance companies available to you? Many other people are too. Drivers have so many choices that it can turn into a big hassle to locate the lowest premium rates. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Towner is an excellent city in which to live, but high car insurance prices can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to affordably insure vehicles.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to find better prices while maximizing coverage. This article will teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. North Dakota drivers just need to understand the best way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Cheaper rates with these seven car insurance discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Onboard Data Collection – Towner drivers who agree to allow companies to monitor vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- American Family has discounts for bundled insurance, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, early bird, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, accident-free, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- 21st Century discounts include driver training, 55 and older, early bird, good student, anti-lock brakes, and automatic seat belts.
- Travelers includes discounts for save driver, home ownership, multi-car, good student, multi-policy, driver training, and IntelliDrive.
- Geico has savings for driver training, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not apply in your state. For a list of insurers with significant discounts in North Dakota, follow this link.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick almost all companies allow for online access to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if the vehicle is leased, whether or not you need a SR-22, how old drivers are, and level of coverage desired. The data is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes immediately.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Towner auto insurance agents
Many people would rather sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Towner who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in North Dakota?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance?
The following are Towner car insurance companies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Western Agency Inc – 311 Main St S, Towner, ND 58788 – (701) 537-2088
To view a full list of insurance agencies near you, you may want to see this complete selection of Towner car insurance providers.
After receiving reasonable responses to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance company that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles.
Car insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like chiropractic care, nursing services and funeral costs. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, fire damage and falling objects. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your vehicle.
Due to the fact that many North Dakota drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25 in North Dakota), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Auto liability insurance
This can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, funeral expenses, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. North Dakota state minimum liability requirements are 25,000/50,000/25,000 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your vehicle resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
One last thing about your coverage
You just read many ideas to get a better price on car insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the best rates are with the least-expected company.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider can be easier than you think.
Cost effective car insurance is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Towner, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
For more North Dakota car insurance information
Additional detailed information can be read at the North Dakota Insurance Department website. North Dakota drivers can find disaster information, view a list of available companies, find out which companies have the most complaints, and view agent and company licensing information.