Did you come to the realization that you have high-priced auto insurance? You’re in good company because many Guymon drivers feel the same as you. Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance persitently shower you with catchy ads and it is difficult to ignore the propoganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers should take time to compare premium rates quite often since insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the best rates six months ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Performing a rate comparison is a ton of work if you don’t understand the most efficient way. You can spend countless hours driving to insurance companies in Guymon, or you could save time and use the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Many companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and each company then returns a price quote for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quote forms to each individual auto insurance company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to using this type of form is you can’t choose the companies to receive prices from. If you would rather choose specific providers to compare prices, we have a page of auto insurance companies in Oklahoma. Click here for list of insurance companies in Oklahoma.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but make absolute certain that you use the same quote information with every price quote. If your comparisons have different liability limits you will not be able to get a fair rate comparison in Guymon.
You may qualify for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every possible discount very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you . If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are throwing money away.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find .
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the web.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, air bag, anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and defensive driver.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, air bags, bundled insurance, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers has discounts for multi-car, student away at school, IntelliDrive, good student, save driver, multi-policy, and payment discounts.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for alternative fuel, early shopping, good student, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and youthful driver.
- USAA includes discounts for defensive driver, driver training, vehicle storage, annual mileage, new vehicle, military installation, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly married, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, good student, teen driver discount, and hybrid vehicle.
If you need , ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Guymon. To see a list of insurers who offer online auto insurance quotes in Oklahoma, click here.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as court costs, attorney fees, emergency aid and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Oklahoma requires drivers to carry at least 25,000/50,000/25,000 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses like X-ray expenses, nursing services, pain medications and dental work. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as rock chips in glass, hitting a deer, theft and vandalism. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Oklahoma drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Much more information about auto insurance in Oklahoma can be found on the located here. Consumers can find out industry alerts, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, file complaints about a company, and discover disciplinary actions.