If price shopping is new to you, you can be bewildered of online companies competing for business in Clark.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying affordable protection in Clark is simple if you know the tricks. South Dakota drivers just need to learn the most effective way to find the lowest price online.
Getting cheaper car insurance pricing is actually quite simple. You just need to spend a little time comparing to find. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each individual car insurance company. One simple form gets coverage cost estimates from several companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- Another way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a trip to the website for each individual company and go through the quote process again. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Farmers, State Farm and Travelers. You would be required to go to each individual site and repeatedly enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in Clark, click here.
- The least recommended way to do your price quoting is going to different Clark agent offices. Comparing rate quotes online eliminates this option unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional abilities of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although you can compare the best prices online and get advice from an agent in your area.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just do your best to enter equivalent quote data with each company. If each company quotes different deductibles it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate in Clark.
Cheaper Clark car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find .
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to spy on driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may receive reduced rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Geico may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, anti-theft, daytime running lights, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include safe driver, drive less, multi-car, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, anti-theft, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century includes discounts for 55 and older, student driver, automatic seat belts, homeowners, good student, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be offered in your state. To see companies who offer free car insurance quotes in Clark, click this link.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Clark insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is important especially in Clark.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Clark who want to provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Clark auto insurance agents come in two flavors
When looking for a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agencies may be either captive or independent. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so they can write business through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from captives mostly because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
The following are captive agencies in Clark who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 410 1st Ave E – Clark, SD 57225 – (605) 532-5202
- American Family Insurance – 104 S Smith St – Clark, SD 57225 – (605) 532-3494
To search for insurance agents near you, link to this full listing of Clark South Dakota insurance agencies.
Selecting an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How many years have they been established?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in South Dakota?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Learn about car insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses such as dental work, ambulance fees, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your vehicle.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like vandalism, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a bird. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your vehicle from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as emergency aid, medical expenses, medical services and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. South Dakota state law requires minimum liability limits of 25,000/50,000/25,000 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Don’t give up on lower rates
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be easier than you think.
Cheap car insurance is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so get from both of them to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just learned many ways to save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding . Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company.
Find out more about car insurance
Much more information about car insurance in South Dakota can be found on the found here. Consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, report car insurance fraud, and get help finding coverage.
The following articles may also be useful.