Comparing Aurora auto insurance rates online can seem like an uphill battle if you’ve never compared online price comparisons. But don’t let that discourage you because it’s actually quite easy.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates every six months since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get a bunch of ideas how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Buying affordable auto insurance coverage in Aurora is not that difficult. Basically, every driver who has to buy auto insurance should be able to save money. Although Colorado vehicle owners should learn how companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about before being credited.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy digitally online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
For a list of companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost in Aurora
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The best method to compare insurance prices is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The most efficient way to compare a lot of rates at once would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing a different quote for each company. Completing one form gets rate comparisons direct from many companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A different way to get comparison quotes requires a trip to the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, State Farm and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Aurora, click here.
- The least recommended way of getting rate comparisons is driving around to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for auto insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional advice only provided by licensed Aurora agents. It is possible to obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you are comparing exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote you get. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Aurora. Just a small difference in coverages may result in a large different in cost. Just remember that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
Neighborhood agents for auto insurance
A small number of people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting small agencies is important especially in Aurora.
After filling out this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. You won’t need to leave your house since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent.
If you want to view licensed agents in Aurora, please click here.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
After getting acceptable answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurance company that meets your needs to adequately provide auto insurance. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel coverage any time you want so don’t think that you’re stuck with any particular company for the full term.
Auto insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your vehicle.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, a broken windshield and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for pain medications, nursing services, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical services, structural damage, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25,000/50,000/15,000 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your vehicle caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Best coverage at the best price
The cheapest auto insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation or even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be less work than you think.
More information about auto insurance
Much more information about auto insurance in Colorado can be read on the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website through this link. Visitors are able to discover disciplinary actions, get help finding coverage, and report car insurance fraud.