Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance companies in Glasgow? You’re not the only one! People have so many companies to choose from that it can be a big hassle to find the perfect company for you.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes occasionally because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest price last year other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about auto insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get some guaranteed methods to slash your auto insurance rates.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Glasgow
There are a variety of methods to shop for auto insurance, and some are more efficient than others. You could spend the better part of a day talking about coverages with agents in Glasgow, or you could use the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
All the larger companies belong to an insurance system where insurance shoppers send in one quote, and at least one company can give them a price. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each individual auto insurance company.
To compare rates using this form now click here to start a free quote.
The one downside to comparing rates this way is that consumers can’t choose which carriers you want pricing from. If you wish to select individual companies to compare prices, we have a listing of companies who write auto insurance in Montana. Click here for list of insurance companies in Montana.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage limits with every price quote. If your comparisons have different values for each quote you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best in Glasgow.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Most are applied when you quote, but some must be specifically requested before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- E-sign – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on their website.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- College Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
Learn How to Lower your Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart auto theft.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some auto insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability insurance will protect you if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Please use or commuting – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The type of car you drive makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Small economy passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Increase deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. The more you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
Are auto insurance companies telling the truth?
Montana drivers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save if you switch to them.
How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has great credit. A driver who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and most likely will save when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside this ideal profile will be quoted higher premiums which leads to business not being written. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s why companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why drivers must get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which company will give you the biggest savings.
Quote often and quote early
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
Cheap auto insurance is possible online as well as from independent agents in Glasgow, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Learn more today
Much more information about auto insurance in Montana can be read on the Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance website through this link. Consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, view a list of available companies, report car insurance fraud, and find out which companies have the most complaints.