Have you finally had enough of sacrificing other expenses to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You are no different than the majority of other consumers in Arkansas. Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Drivers save money with these money-saving discounts
Companies don’t always advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Renewal Discounts – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Paper-free Discount – Many companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on the web.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Greenwood can get you a discount since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts should help reduce your policy cost.
Some of the larger companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your area. To choose auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Arkansas, click this link.
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get price estimates on their websites. Getting online quotes is fairly straightforward as you just enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on the information you submitted. This makes it simple to compare prices but the work required to visit different websites and fill out multiple forms is a waste of time. But it is imperative to do this in order to get better prices.
Quote rates the easy way
The quickest way to find cheaper rates is to use a quote form to return rates from more than one company. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online quotes much easier. As soon as the form is sent, it gets priced and you are able to buy any one of the price quotes you receive. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To use this form to compare rates, simply click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
When to get professional advice
When buying coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Arkansas minimum liability coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Do the work, save more money
The cheapest auto insurance can be found on the web and with local Greenwood insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We just covered a lot of techniques to compare auto insurance premium rates online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding . You may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured cut full coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.