Finding cheap Merriam car insurance over the internet can seem to be challenging for consumers new to comparison shopping online. With so many choices of companies in the marketplace, how can anyone even start to compare every company to locate the best available price?
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these techniques. The purpose of this article is to instruct you on the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, Kansas drivers must know how companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Which Car Insurance is Cheapest in Merriam, Kansas?
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from local in Merriam, Kansascar insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the lowest rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the simplest ways to get quotes is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing separate quotes for each company. A single, simple form will get you price quotes instantly. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A less efficient way to get comparison quotes is spending the time to visit the website for every company you want to comare and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare USAA, Safeco and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in Merriam, click here.
- The most time-consuming method of getting rate comparisons is to spend time driving to local Merriam insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the personal advice of a local Merriam agent. It is possible to price shop your coverage online and still use a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Whichever method you choose, compare the exact same information on every quote you get. If each company quotes different values for each quote it will be very difficult to determine the best price in Merriam. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Merriam, click here to view.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine car insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate rates.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most insurers will give a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you still need to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse means you’re more responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in a rural area is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Save money with special equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping car theft.
Price shop online but buy from a local Merriam agent
Some consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get better rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Merriam who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier! It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent.
Selecting an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agents are either independent or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents can only place business with one company such as Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Captives cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Captive agencies are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy from captive agents mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Merriam who may provide you with rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 8600 Shawnee Mission Pkwy #303 – Merriam, KS 66202 – (913) 722-6200
- Allstate Insurance – 9404 Johnson Dr – Merriam, KS 66203 – (913) 403-0200
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that will properly service your car insurance policy.
More detailed Kansas car insurance information is located at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Kansas consumers can read consumer alerts, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and find disaster information.
One last thing about your coverage
Low-cost car insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Merriam insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim or even high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be less work than you think.