Purchasing cheap Nicholasville car insurance online is somewhat difficult for beginners to comparison shopping online. With so many choices of insurers available, how can you possibly compare every one to find the cheapest rates?
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates periodically since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price last year there may be better deals available now. So just block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn the best methods to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. This article will help educate you on how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. Kentucky drivers just need to know the most effective way to get comparison quotes on the web.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Kentucky, follow this link.
Tips to Get Lower Nicholasville Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Car features impact rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder car theft.
- Please use or commuting – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Getting married can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Marriage usually means you are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Even one citation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. If you have flagrant violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men have accidents in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Kentucky drivers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to say the same thing about savings if you switch your policy.
How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who fits that profile will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t meet these standards will be charged higher rates and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do. That is why drivers must compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
More detailed Kentucky car insurance information can be found at the Kentucky Department of Insurance website. Kentucky consumers can find disaster information, report car insurance fraud, and learn about specific coverages.
In the end, you save
Low-cost car insurance is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Nicholasville agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, policy cancellation or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to compare car insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.