Did budget coverage turn out to be high-priced auto insurance? Don’t feel bad because there are lots of people in the same boat. Numerous insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the definite lowest price
It’s smart to compare rates before your policy renews because auto insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best rate a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the only way to save on auto insurance.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using these techniques. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Wynne is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Arkansas vehicle owners do need to know how companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Discounts to earn lower Wynne auto insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- No Charge for an Accident – but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles are generally safer.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include driver training, safe driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, military active duty, and good student.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, multi-car, and safe driver.
Check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some credits may not be offered in Wynne. To see auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Wynne, click here.
Learn how to find auto insurance for less
Many different elements are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help calculate auto insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- No policy lapses saves money – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arkansas DMV.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Arkansas provide lower rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Your liability insurance limits – Liability coverage is the protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- How’s your driving record? – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Getting just one citation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get flagrant violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Safer vehicles lower rates – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your car or truck earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Having a bad credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit history could use some work, you could save money insuring your vehicle by improving your rating.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Arkansas?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Are you falling for claims of savings?
State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to advertise the message that drivers will save a bundle if you just switch to their company. That’s great but how can every company offer drivers better rates? Here is how they do it.
Auto insurance companies quote their best rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. A good example of a profitable insured could possibly be over age 30, carries high limits, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Anybody that meets those criteria will most likely get cheap rates and have a good chance to cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who cannot meet the “perfect” profile will get a higher premium with the end result being the customer buying from someone else. If you listen closely, the ads state “people that switch” not “everybody who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s the way companies can make those statements.
This really emphasizes why you really need to do a quote comparison often. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will provide the lowest premium rates.
Find out more about auto insurance
Much more information about auto insurance in Arkansas is located on the Arkansas Insurance Department website found here. Arkansas drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find disaster information, and read industry bulletins.
Smart shoppers get results
We just presented many ideas to get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding . Drivers may discover the best rates are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price.
Cheap auto insurance can be found online in addition to many Wynne insurance agents, so you need to with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.