Are you at wits end from being strong-armed to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as most other people in Iowa. Lots of auto insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to find the best price available.
The majority of larger companies make it easy to get pricing direct online. Getting prices online is quite easy as you simply enter on the page. After you submit the form the quote system pulls your driving record and credit report and provides a quote based on the information you submitted. Being able to quote online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to different websites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the best price possible.
There is an easier way to compare rates
An easier way to lower your auto insurance bill uses one simple form to get prices from several companies at one time. It saves time, reduces the work, and makes online shopping much easier. After your information is entered, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the returned quotes.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here to open in a new tab and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every disount available very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles may allow you to get lower auto insurancerates due to less chance of an accident.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow companies to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Life Insurance – Some auto insurance companies give lower premium rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a .
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course in defensive driver can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce the amount you have to pay.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for anti-theft, age of vehicle, ease of repair, accident-free, professional/association, low natural disaster claims, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include homeowner, alternative fuel, teen driver, youthful driver, multi-car, and switch companies.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, youthful driver, 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Allstate offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, teenSMART discount, premier discount, and economy car.
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, multi-policy, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not be offered in Atlantic. To view providers with discount auto insurance rates in Iowa, click this link.
Compare prices but work with a local neighborhood Atlantic car insurance agent
Many drivers would rather have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Atlantic.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Atlantic that can provide for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you wish to find an insurance agency in your neighborhood, please view this directory of Atlantic, IA auto insurance providers.
Choosing an insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the agency active in community causes in Atlantic?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
After receiving satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, you may have just found an insurer that is a good match to service your policy. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can cancel your coverage when you choose so don’t feel you are locked into a policy for any length of time.
Additional auto insurance information is located on the through this link. Iowa consumers can get help finding coverage, read state legal mandates and laws, find out industry alerts, and file complaints about a company.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Atlantic
- Methods for Lowering Your Atlantic City New Jersey Car Insurance Rates
- Top Tips to Find an Auto Insurance Agent in Atlantic City
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Iowa drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Iowa limits are 20/40/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like attorney fees, legal defense fees, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Iowa state minimum liability requirements are 20,000/40,000/15,000 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance covers damage to your vehicle caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Better coverage you can count on
More affordable auto insurance is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.