Paying cheap rates for Mena car insurance is always kind of frustrating for beginners to comparing prices online. With so many insurers to choose from, it can quickly become a difficult challenge to find the best price in Arkansas.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some need to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can get reduced rates.
- Theft Deterent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, student away at school, accident-free, multiple autos, good student, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- American Family offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good student, good driver, mySafetyValet, and accident-free.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Geico may have discounts that include membership and employees, federal employee, driver training, air bags, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good driver, annual mileage, type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, homeowner, switch companies, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
When getting , it’s a good idea to each insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts may not be available in Mena. To see car insurance companies with significant discounts in Mena, click here to view.
Finding cheap car insurance rates can be quick and easy. You just need to invest a few minutes comparing to discover which company has . Shoppers can get rates in a couple of different ways.
- One of the fastest ways to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do separate forms for every car insurance company. One form gets you coverage quotes from many national carriers. Just one form and you’re done.
- A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates requires visiting each company website and repeat the quote process. For instance, we’ll assume you want to see prices from Allstate, Liberty Mutual and Travelers. You would need to visit each site and repeatedly enter your information, which can be really labor intensive. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Mena, click here.
- The final method of comparing rate quotes is making phone calls or going to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing rate quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you want the guidance of a local agency. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get the lowest quotes online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, ensure you’re using exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote. If each company quotes different liability limits then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best in Mena.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Summing up your car insurance search
Budget-conscious car insurance is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Mena agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and these smaller companies sell through independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered a lot of ways to reduce car insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.